Basically, you need a domain name and web hosting plan to launch your site. Domain name is basically the internet address of your website or blog. For example (2-design-a-website) is the domain name video production of this website and your Web Host is the company that houses your website and make it visible on the internet.
So, if you need to see things started you must have these two things. Have you registered your domain and got a reliable hosting plan, if your answer is no then I have a good news for you.
But before we do that let ‘s quickly review the following aspects of domain name:
Remember the following tips;
Your domain name should be very clear, short and as succinct as possible.
It should be easy to remember .
It does not necessarily have to include the name of your business
It is your responsibility to choose a good name that help your site to become successful.
Choosing a web hosting has not always been easy. I must say most of the information available concerning opening them is misleading. I personally recommend website palace.com because their service is efficient, reliable and relatively cheaper.
Well, it is advisable to design your website even before you look for hosting. You can do this by down loading free templates online to setup your site. If you so wish, you can go for free blogs online and design your website just to have a clear picture of the whole business. This, will save you making costly mistakes in the future.
It is equally important to decide on specific domain name early enough and register it because at the end of the day you may be disappointed to find that the first name of your choice has been taken by someone. This is pretty possible because domain names are being snapped up every single day.
As soon as you purchased/registered your domain name you just log in to your domain account and change over the nameservers. Your domain name will instantly point to your hosting account. But if your domain was registered in your web hosting company, then you don’t have to change your nameservers because they are automatically set by default.
If you need a static website then you may have to use software such as Dreamweaver to design your website. You can upload your files through FTP. Alternatively, you can install automatic software such as WordPress to instantly build your website. For people with no background knowledge in HTML and CSS this is a great option.
Remember the most important aspect of your website is its design and the organization of its contents because this is what your audience interact with. And of course, you will be successful only you know how to promote your site after designing and publishing it.
5 Mistakes You Should avoid When Choosing a Web Host
Before you choose a web hosting provider for a successful online presence, you must avoid five mistakes that many people make nowadays. They make these mistakes either consciously or unconsciously, and it has led to bad experiences for them. No matter the type of website you want to float or the type of hosting service you desire, if you make any of these mistakes, you would be better off without a web presence.
1. Don’t be in a haste to pick a provider: Never be in a haste to choose a provider among short-listed ones. You need to carry out an elaborate research into their past activities so that you will be able to identify the one that can actually give you the best service. It is indeed important to take your time because changing from one host to another is not so easy. In fact, some web hosts will deliberately delay your movement to another host because they don’t want to lose customers.
2. Don’t forget to carry out a BBB check: The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is an organisation that rates companies based on customers’ complaints and the rapidity at which these complaints are resolved. Hence, never forget to conduct a BBB check on your short-listed web hosts in order to separate the wheat from the chaff. A service provider with a good BBB rating is probably going to give you a reliable service.
3. Don’t forget to ask questions: Before you take up a hosting account, you should ask your potential host so many pertinent questions. If it has an FAQ section, visit it and if there are more questions that are not yet answered, don’t hesitate to ask. Every serious-minded host will be ready to answer any question you might put up. Remember that the best time to ask questions is before you sign up for a hosting account. As soon as you sign up, there wouldn’t be much room for so many questions because, at that time, you would be grappling with traffic generation for your new site.
4. Don’t forget to investigate customer support: You should be able to get a reasonable amount of confidence from the customer support department of a web host. To achieve this, you should make contacts at different periods of the day to ascertain its promptness. You wouldn’t want a web host that will not be your reliable partner while the hosting contract lasts. Consequently, you must ensure that you are satisfied with the level of customer service before sign-up.
5. Don’t forget to request for a money-back guarantee: If a web hosting company cannot give you a money-back guarantee for at least thirty days, you shouldn’t give it a second thought. This is because the company is not sure of the quality of its service. So, before you make that decision on which company will host your website, you should endeavour not to make any costly mistake.